Purchasing a home warranty brings great peace of mind, allowing homeowners to ensure the major components of their homes are covered in the event of repair issues. With so many home warranty companies in the industry, it can sometimes become challenging for homeowners to select the right one to meet their needs.
Helpful Tips for Selecting a Home Warranty Company
Before selecting a home warranty company, homeowners must first figure out their needs. Check the appliances in the home, paying special attention to older models that may need repairs. Homeowners should also survey the condition of the major systems in their homes, including their HVAC and plumbing. By checking these areas of their homes, owners will know what to look for in a home warranty policy.
- Before selecting a home warranty company, make sure they operate in the area. Some companies only service specific states. Learning about the coverage areas will ensure homeowners select the right company for their warranty needs.
- Home warranty coverage can vary greatly depending on the company. Most companies offer standard coverage that covers the electrical system, plumbing system, HVAC system, and major appliances. Companies also offer optional areas of coverage for swimming pools, roof leaks, freezers, spas, and second air conditioners.
- Cost is always a factor when it comes to making home warranty purchases, but it should not be the only one. The average cost of a home warranty ranges from $300 to $500. Homeowners can often split this cost into monthly payments, or they have the option of paying it in full annually.
- Homeowners need to research the quality of the repair services offered by the warranty company. Does the company partner with licensed and insured repair technicians? Learning about the quality of repair services is essential for helping homeowners choose wisely.
- What is the claim fulfillment process like for the company? Most companies impose a 30-day waiting period after the homeowner purchases a warranty before claims can be filed. Learning about the process will help homeowners avoid unexpected and unwanted surprises.
Home Warranties Give Owners Peace of Mind
Outside of purchasing a home, covering it with a warranty is one of the most vital decisions owners will make. The following offers insight into some of the many benefits of purchasing a home warranty.
- Warranties protect a home’s expensive appliances when problems develop with their operation.
- These warranties also cover home systems, such as the HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Another benefit of home warranties is that they come with access to valuable handyman services.
Home Warranties Give Homeowners Peace of Mind
Homeownership has its challenges and rewards. Many homeowners stress over the condition of their homes, worrying breakdowns will happen with its major systems or appliances. Having a home warranty eliminates much of the stress of homeownership and gives owners peace of mind. With these warranties, homeowners will not have to worry when issues arise because they know they have coverage.
Before selecting a home warranty, homeowners need to research carefully and also determine their needs. Making the right purchase for coverage is essential.